Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gustav Klimt Trees

We made the Gustav Klimt Tree of Life last year. We first painted a paper with gold tempra. Then used brown tempra to make the tree(as seen in steps below). Then students decorated patterns and shapes (concentric circles, triangle leaves on swirly vines, black and white shapes on the tree trunk, and tiny dots using the bak end of a cuetip and silver and gold paint) Students learned about the artist, but can't veiw many smaples since most are nudes. They learned about gold engraving and like to pretend the paint is liquid gold.











6 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!!! I'm excited to do a lesson like this. What grade is this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I LOVE these! I did a Klimt lesson last year, but am excited to try this new one. I love the trees and metallic paint. Your blog is wonderful -- thanks for sharing all your fantastic ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I started a new art blog this summer. I work on art projects with my girls to help pass the time in the summer. We were inspired by this project today! :-)
    http://hollysartcorner.blogspot.com/2011/07/2011-project-5-tree-of-life.html

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews